Forums / Media / Websites

2,576 total conversations in 245 threads

+ New Thread

9Gag commenting with custom, self-uploaded gifs

Last posted Jun 06, 2017 at 03:34PM EDT. Added Jun 06, 2017 at 05:17AM EDT
12 posts from 5 users

How can I do that? I have seen ppl commenting with gifs from the site: https://media.giphy.com
with gifs that aren't on memeful.
When I try to create my own meme through meme generator the result is a jpg not a moving gif.

Sugary Salt wrote:

We're not exactly fond of 9gag here, mate. You're better off just asking one of those gif-posting people on a 9gag comment section.

Wow, didn't know you guys would be so angry bout that. I have seen some 9Gag-related posts in this forum, so I though I could ask about it here without being beaten up

jelybelly672 wrote:

Wow, didn't know you guys would be so angry bout that. I have seen some 9Gag-related posts in this forum, so I though I could ask about it here without being beaten up

Sorry, didn't mean to sound…mean. I meant if you want to know about posting gifs on 9gag, it would be much better to ask someone on the actual site instead of here, since we don't hang out there often. At least, I don't think so.

No need to feel superior because your shitty memesite is better than their shitty memesite, people. We're all shitty memers here.

Odds are they have their own private account gallery on the upload site, and are posting those image URLs through html or whatever method 9gag uses.

If you can link a comment example, I might get a better idea.

Last edited Jun 06, 2017 at 03:26PM EDT

RandomMan wrote:

No need to feel superior because your shitty memesite is better than their shitty memesite, people. We're all shitty memers here.

Odds are they have their own private account gallery on the upload site, and are posting those image URLs through html or whatever method 9gag uses.

If you can link a comment example, I might get a better idea.

Well they have this memeful gif gallery. But I'm pretty sure I've seen ppl commenting with gifs that I couldn't find in it. So you suggest that they have some extra gifs for ppl with 9Gag premium or sth?

jelybelly672 wrote:

Well they have this memeful gif gallery. But I'm pretty sure I've seen ppl commenting with gifs that I couldn't find in it. So you suggest that they have some extra gifs for ppl with 9Gag premium or sth?

That wouldn't make sense unless 9gag has some special deal with the site or owns the site.

Like for example on Imgur you can choose to keep your upload private or make it public. Both allow the image to be posted elsewhere, but only public images can be traced back. I'm thinking something like that.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Namaste! You must login or signup first!