Forums / Maintenance / Report Problems

27,754 total conversations in 1,734 threads

+ New Thread

Locked Locked
Report user: locobandito

Last posted Oct 31, 2020 at 09:50PM EDT. Added Oct 27, 2020 at 04:43PM EDT
18 posts from 10 users

Has made 10 posts on the Angry Video Game Nerd page in the last 2 days, all on the same topic of hating James's friends. AVGN was briefly pushed to trending solely because of this activity. Very combative in his comments as well.

I'd argue that locobandito is no better than those 419-scammer accounts pasting advertising links, except those links are to a subreddit instead of a phishing scheme or online drugstores from east Asia. I think they're deserving of a suspension for continuous inappropriate self-promotion and a deeply vitriolic attitude towards other users

I don't know what the deal is but he is extremely upset that AVGN is advertising products and services in his videos. Most Youtubers who get the chance are doing that these days. Gotta pay your staff somehow. His hate boner has lead to being annoying.

I don't like the guy either, but he doesn't really break any specific rules. Maybe except "be friendly", but if mods enforced that rule they would ban half the users. Frankly having 7 vague rules really leaves too much for interpretation. I'm not saying we need a lawyer to write down entire constitution, but rules should be elaborated on.

I'm surprised you guys haven't realised he's a troll. His avatar is from a Mike Matei comic for fuck sake. He can't really hate Cinemassacre all that much if he's proudly sporting something created by their member(s).

Ozzzim wrote:

I don't like the guy either, but he doesn't really break any specific rules. Maybe except "be friendly", but if mods enforced that rule they would ban half the users. Frankly having 7 vague rules really leaves too much for interpretation. I'm not saying we need a lawyer to write down entire constitution, but rules should be elaborated on.

Pretty sure he falls under spamming/flooding. I'd rather just flag his posts, quite frankly, but I see no option for that. Using the tools I've got in my toolbox here.

Dude is just outright promoting his subreddit now. Surely that gos against some rule of self-promotion here..? Granted that it is not a business, product or service, but still, it would be an obnoxious loophole if it does not count somehow.

locobandito has become so obnoxious that it even caught the attention of some mods as well,something that most 4chan spammers couldn't do in in a week.
Plus he seems to comeback several times to that entry making it trend.

Btw he also posted a video against James on the gallery,which is also from his YT channel. The reception is overwhelmingly positive,which is possible he posted it on the subreddit as well.

Confirming once more,he's promoting that sub,which is against the rules.

Carrie Enright wrote:

I'm surprised you guys haven't realised he's a troll. His avatar is from a Mike Matei comic for fuck sake. He can't really hate Cinemassacre all that much if he's proudly sporting something created by their member(s).

Trolling has it's own limits, kid. It's still trolling, but he will one day go too far.

@Talkie Toaster

Why can't he just move on? I know it's a bold statement considering we're talking about him in a forum but any sane person would've stopped way back,rather than constantly fighting with people they disagree with,while pushing their ideology.

As others said,it's like Poochyena but feels like talking to a smartass.

@markochan

This is a redditor. The difference with a 4chan spammer is that the latter is most likely a dumbass and knows what they're doing is stupid,so they embrace it.

The former is also an idiot but thinks is smart for doing so.

Derptastic Derp Man wrote:

Can they just do a specific ban similar to Epyc Wyn’s forum ban prior to his permaban? Like remove his ability to upload anything pertaining to AVGN, Mike Matei or anything else.

Only for him to whine about it in the forums and posting it outside the gallery? That wouldn't work.

I've looked up that comment section and noticed that unlike the other times,he kept doing this for almost a week.
I've seen entries like Soyjak or even political ones lasting around the same time but it was a good chunk of the userbase going in.
This dude is keeping it trending mainly by himself,replying to almost everyone.

Last edited Oct 31, 2020 at 08:29PM EDT

Talkie Toaster wrote:

It's a ban. When a user gets suspended and you try to look at their userpage, you don't get 404'd.

Anyway, good riddance.

Just noticed.
Oh well,no one is gonna miss him anyway.

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

This thread was locked by an administrator.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

'lo! You must login or signup first!