Forums / Discussion / Q & A

3,281 total conversations in 496 threads

+ New Thread

Recent surge of Nazi/Political imagery in Trending Images

Last posted Mar 29, 2021 at 09:13PM EDT. Added Feb 12, 2021 at 08:07PM EST
71 posts from 24 users

*embrace

Just because one side is worse than the other (which I actually agree with), doesn't mean that less evil side is automatically good.

That is partisan bullshit and I reject that as well.

This post has been hidden due to low karma.
Click here to show this post.

Individual wrote:

There also the fact anti-left or anti-"""woke"" (what a stupid term) meme are getting more attention, even if generaly this meme originate from an lonely tweet or false information.

When anti-maga,right-wing meme get quiclky forgotten, even tought there generally more thing to talk aboot it.

Right, it doesn't help when outrage articles like #CocaColaHatesWhitePeople is trending for days. It sucks that any left opinion on these forums are being downvoted.

chowzburgerz wrote:

Right, it doesn't help when outrage articles like #CocaColaHatesWhitePeople is trending for days. It sucks that any left opinion on these forums are being downvoted.

Sure does suck to see people propping up minor controversies to circlejerk a faction and downvote brigade opposing viewpoints. Glad it doesn't happen to my faction in the forums.

[glances at the most popular general in forums]

Never happens yes sirree.

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Ya'll are conflicting leftist with sjw
actual leftist posts get just as much upboats as other political leanings

It would be nice if there was a clear difference, but the lines are blurred.

wisehowl_the_2nd wrote:

Sure does suck to see people propping up minor controversies to circlejerk a faction and downvote brigade opposing viewpoints. Glad it doesn't happen to my faction in the forums.

[glances at the most popular general in forums]

Never happens yes sirree.

He has a point tho. Many KYM commentators often claim they hate identity politics, but whenever a controversy about that topic pops out somewhere, said controversy gets commented for days, to the point it gets disproportionate attention around here. I literally didn't read a damn thing about this Coca-Cola stuff outside KYM (doesn't help that I never go myself on Twitter, sure); it honestly looks to be one of those controversies that all comes down to a few people saying dumb shit but got decent attention on social media for a short amount of time because social media is designed to generate outrage. It's like some people love to hate this stuff. Most people I know who are active online barely know or care about stuff like this.

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Ya'll are conflicting leftist with sjw
actual leftist posts get just as much upboats as other political leanings

That because "SJW" is a stupid buzzword who mean nothing.

And just not being racist is enough to be call "SJW".

Individual wrote:

That because "SJW" is a stupid buzzword who mean nothing.

And just not being racist is enough to be call "SJW".

Alt rights using it on everyone but themselves doesn't change it's actual meaning
and sjws are racist

a sjw is a neolib who hates anyone traditionally in power in the west, except the rich of course

Kenetic Kups wrote:

Alt rights using it on everyone but themselves doesn't change it's actual meaning
and sjws are racist

a sjw is a neolib who hates anyone traditionally in power in the west, except the rich of course

I wouldn't agree with that definition. For me SJW would be someone who fights for rights of minorities to extreme or unnecessary extents.

Last edited Mar 02, 2021 at 07:04AM EST

Ozzzim wrote:

I wouldn't agree with that definition. For me SJW would be someone who fights for rights of minorities to extreme or unnecessary extents.

They think they are fighting for rights of minorities

Griff the Hoplite wrote:

They think they are fighting for rights of minorities

If they think that they are fighting for rights of minorities, and they do what they think, then they are in fact fighting for rights of minorities. They are just bad at it, hence "extreme or unnecessary extents".

Ozzzim wrote:

If they think that they are fighting for rights of minorities, and they do what they think, then they are in fact fighting for rights of minorities. They are just bad at it, hence "extreme or unnecessary extents".

And how is segregation good for minorities?

Griff the Hoplite wrote:

And how is segregation good for minorities?

Did you even pay attention? I don't agree with them. Segregation is both extreme and unnecessary, but from their perspective it might help minorities develop. It is a flawed outlook, born from good intentions.

Ozzzim wrote:

Did you even pay attention? I don't agree with them. Segregation is both extreme and unnecessary, but from their perspective it might help minorities develop. It is a flawed outlook, born from good intentions.

Then stop fucking defending them

They are not "well intentioned extremists" they are bigots and zealots with zero self awareness that are hated by everyone including the minorities the claim they defend

Plus they may eventually be the cause for a second american civil war

Cheeky Mountain Parrot wrote:

He has a point tho. Many KYM commentators often claim they hate identity politics, but whenever a controversy about that topic pops out somewhere, said controversy gets commented for days, to the point it gets disproportionate attention around here. I literally didn't read a damn thing about this Coca-Cola stuff outside KYM (doesn't help that I never go myself on Twitter, sure); it honestly looks to be one of those controversies that all comes down to a few people saying dumb shit but got decent attention on social media for a short amount of time because social media is designed to generate outrage. It's like some people love to hate this stuff. Most people I know who are active online barely know or care about stuff like this.

I mostly agree with the premise of her statement but I disagree with the conclusion. Outrage topics trend far too long on the website and have been given more attention than they are worth by people on this website. I almost wish we had top comments back for political topics so more people would be discouraged from hammering on points that others hammered on. The staff prop up controversial memes because they generate the most activity and it's all they're ever exposed to since they exclusively use tiktok and twitter now. Users could turn this around by actually contributing to the website with creating new memes for their interests. That's why the pony era was so big here, there were so many memes in that community that dedicated people created. The only dedicated non-staff we have contributing are hornyposters and /pol/ memers, you could argue the staff and controversies drove away the rest but the "Submit Entry" button is still present on the UI for now.

But it's not solely the left getting hammered here. They're under more scrutiny now, within America at least, due to being in charge of the administration. To say that they're getting relentlessly downvoted is ridiculous though, especially on the forums. Brent grabs a new outrage article against the right every week to keep politics general bumped endlessly. Right wingers (I'm thinking of JacobiteCozyGlow) will ask a question on forums and get blasted by downvotes. Really I see people get downvoted more than normal it's by vengeful bots from an obsessed user or when they establish for themselves a reputation of being a tankie, stormfag, or some other extreme opinion. Most of the time when people start complaining about being targeted its after they've gone and been extremely contentious over a long period of time. That's what happened to Lobster recently, people abandoned any pretense of having a logical discussion with a Mao-worshipping tankie and he abandoned any remaining courtesy he had, resulting in suspension and deactivation.

TLDR:
- Get rid of controversies by making more memes
- If you're complaining about receiving flak, reflect on your own actions first
- We could stand to do other things to discourage everyone from circlejerking the latest controversy

And in less then a week, we get not one, but two, dumb political controversy.

Honestly the more it's goes, the more the KYM staff should put more restriction on this kind of "meme".

Dracorex wrote:

"Neo Nazis are evil because they judge people based on their race and gender, which is immoral. Anyway, here's why white men are the source of all of society's problems."

This is why I reject the political binary.

based take right here

Skeletor-sm

This thread is closed to new posts.

Old threads normally auto-close after 30 days of inactivity.

Why don't you start a new thread instead?

Sup! You must login or signup first!