Forums / Maintenance / Suggest Ideas

6,924 total conversations in 571 threads

+ New Thread

Move the Suggest and History buttons out of the sidebar

Last posted Jul 02, 2024 at 12:10AM EDT. Added Jul 02, 2024 at 12:10AM EDT
1 post from 1 user

I registered this account to make an edit that I have long forgotten. I could not find any button to do so.

Fast-forward to today, where I have an extra hour of night thanks to having a nightmare about being trapped in a homicidal video game due to unlocking the "journalism" upgrade, which made me sleep 11 hours. After an arduous 15 minutes of searching, I finally Ctrl+F'd the FAQ forum post to find its location:

In a giant, so-distracting-I-automatically-block-it sidebar to the right that is mostly a spotlight navigation menu for other site content and editors‽ Now that's why I couldn't find these buttons: I automatically assumed that only the non-sidebar part of the page was entry-related.

I believe a simple fix to this visibility issue would be to move these buttons to the left side, maybe right under the aside entry "infobox" that usually has "Meme" at the top. (By the way, why does a box floated to the right have the ".left" class?)

Also, the forums here should probably have a confirmation dialog that prevents you from exiting the page with unsaved changes.

Last edited Jul 02, 2024 at 12:10AM EDT

'lo! You must login or signup first!